Friday, July 22, 2005


The business end of the livestock business.... and for all future generations, this is the Bar M Ranch brand, it's an electric iron that heats up super hot.. and applied to the animal. It's quick and hurts them for about a minute.. and the smell of burning hair is something you never forget.. haha.... Ann and I registered the Bar M Ranch brand with the Oklahoma Cattlemen Association in 1972 and is brand number 8031. One evening, about three years later, Ann and I were eating dinner and the phone rang and it was a man from Pawnee who wanted to know why I sold calves in OKC that day with his brand on them... Well, that didn't set to well with me, so I asked him his brand number and it was a lot higher.. ahaha... so he had to cool his jets as ours was registered first ! He called back one more time, trying to claim my calves, and I hung up on him and never heard from him again till I saw in the paper where he died!! Ok.. enough remembering for a day.. haha... enjoy the day... Posted by Picasa

No comments: