Thursday, November 15, 2007

this portable calf creep feeder was one of the first things I bought when Ann and I got married...


I pulled it home from the plant on the south end of El Reno, and fed the calves out of it that paid for my 1973 454V8 Chev. Truck my father in law who was sales manager at Vincent Chevrolet in Stillwater sold me brand new. When I put the calves on feed it would have took only 5 to pay for it, with high beef prices, but Pres. Nixon put freeze on beef and prices fell and it ended up taking all 23 of the calves to pay for it... using oats and Prolix, a liquid feed ... the calves really gained weight.
In a sense, as I look around, it seems there are lots of these memories around. Sure hope you don't get to bored reading.. haha.. I have fed many a bag of feed through this feeder.. some years making money and some years wondering why I did it... so I guess the "salute to an old friend" is appropriate.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: