Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oh my.... Another yesterday moment...


If you like old cars, hot rods, and thinking or learning about the past...


then you need to visit this site.... Gosh do I remember when... haha...

Cars We Drove - like there was no tomorrow, or anything close to a gas shortage.

When we moved to Stillwater on Sept. 01, 1960, a couple days afterward, I rode with my Dad to Stillwater to find a Texaco Station and we found Harley Thomas Ford on the corner of 6th and Main in Stillwater, and Dad filled up and I will never forget how he griped all the way home because "they" were stealing from people charging 24 cents a gallon for gasoline when it was only 19 cents at the little texaco station south of police station in El Reno!!!

Oh yes.. these cars you will see went fast, were very well made, had NO plastic parts till the 'vets' starting adding them..... and could withstand lots of abuse... buy my goodness did they respond to tender love and care!! So yes, we drove them hard, and fast and like there was NO tomorrow.... enjoy your trip back!!

the music is great a two times the price!!

No comments: