Thursday, September 18, 2008

the other news of yesterday..... and it was great news...

I was toddling away at my desk, or is it toiling away... ha ha.. either will work as it makes it sound like I was working.. and heard someone come through the door talking about Jake Moffat and wondering how to get hold of him and then there was a pause and one says ... wow... I know, there is Jake's Dad.. ha ha... and it was our dear friend Jerry Payne, Lead Guitarist for No Justice! Wow it was great to see him and of course I gave him Jake's information... and he was even more fired up. It seems they were putting a Jam together at Eskimo Joes in Stillwater and he wanted Jake in it... Jerry was there to help another young local artist master his CD project, so I texted Jake in excitement never expecting to hear back.. those of you who know Jake know what I am talking about.. but within SECONDS there was an answer... YES WHEN.... so last night Mrs. Moffat's very musically talented baby boy went in to Stillwater to Eskimo Joe's and Jammed with a bunch of local Stillwater artists.

As a father, I am very proud of Jake getting back on his horse and riding again. It was a BIG step and his Mom and I realize this. What is even bigger is the talent he has inside and hopefully this will lead to his sharing it with the world in a much bigger way. No matter the outcome.. this was a huge first step. I have not heard about the night, but hopefully will by end of this day...

Meanwhile, big things just keep happening with work. Greg and I now have many diverse music businesses we have put together and they are starting to fly on their own. We have Flatland Recording Studio for artists to record their works, Flatland Entertainment to book artists through working with some from venues to film and advertisements and beyond, GP Management to offer management, guidance and advice to bands who are serious about where they want to be, Tough Records to offer a label to our artists and it is becoming the talk of the Southwest USA music world as we are doing all things electronic from contracts to promotion, and we are working on our MIU which we are developing as MIUonline as a school for musicians and artists who want to truly know and understand the music business and we are developing a publishing side for print and hopefully a regional magazine for OK Music, and a music publishing company for working with just OK artists, plus Payne County Line Promotions... and for those who have not heard, I am also part of Premier Auctions of Oklahoma, along with my longtime friend Bob Priess. Just wanted to share with you that I really do work.. haha... in spite of what you hear.

No comments: