Thursday, November 04, 2010

a bit more excitement yesterday...


early after lunch, I was in my office listening to my scanner when I heard the Stillwater FD get called out to a fire at 86th and Mehan Road, east of ... and about 45 minutes later... I heard the call for SFD for response at 56th and Jardot, east of. I watched as there was a small amount of smoke, stepped outside and felt the strong North winds... and of course the low humidity (We run a humidifier in our studio to keep things comfortable and it had been working all day), and our home is south of this... about this time I heard the call for more SFD units and in a bit, Ingalls, and the Perkins Fire Department, and Ripley FD was also called into action. About this time, our good friend and neighbor Jimmy Morris called and thought maybe it might be a good thing for me to get home and see about things... I headed out, snapping this photo first... and as I headed home, and was about the Rail Road Yard... half way home, I looked east and could see flames racing across the section north of our home...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: