Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am an IMUS fan, and can not beleive that only now somone stands up for him... and look who it is... sigh... what happened to freedom of speech?

I don't agree with IMUS, but loved his show, fresh interviews of real folks in the news, current events, and great music... just had to close my ears to the chatter of the show, which I found I did not listen to much, cuz I hardly ever agreed... but this is AMERICA, right? and Free Speech is one of our principles??? anywho...


KERRY: IMUS FIRING UNFAIR

By MAGGIE HABERMAN

April 18, 2007 -- Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry yesterday said he doesn't think Don Imus should have been fired for his racially charged comments - a sharp break with the current Democratic 2008 front-runners.

"You know, the punishment has to fit the crime, so to speak," Kerry, the Democrats' defeated 2004 White House hopeful, told NY1.

Kerry, who had Imus' support in that race, said he might be willing to go on a future Imus show if the radio host finds a new station - but "if he goes back to doing the same old, same old, I'd have trouble doing that."

No comments: