Friday, May 28, 2010

From Connie Shaklee LaGrow - update for family books

I was reading the genealogy of the Peter Shaklee Family and it showed that Grandpa Fred Shaklee was married twice which is correct but his first wife died in child birth and their baby is buried in her arms in the Enid Cemetery on Willow.  Daddy had one time shown me the grave and a few years ago I sought it out again.  When I said I had heard that the baby was buried in her arms they knew immediately where the grave was located and knew the story.   The tombstone was hard to find as the name is on top of the stone of instead of on the front or back.
I have had several stories published in an OHCE Life Story book that I have written about the loss of my first tooth, my first date with Jerry, our wedding day, my most embarrassing moment, a telephone party line.  I have tried to write a new one every year to pass on down to my grandsons.  The one I wrote this year was entitled Soapy Chicken Salad Sandwiches.  They are all true and happened to me and my family.  
Was so good to see all of you but sorry that it was such circumstances.
Jerry is hurriedly trying to get ready for harvest before it gets here.  Some day I will get all of you web site viewed.

------Connie, would love to have copies of all your writings...  to include in our history. PLEASE???

No comments: